Monday, February 25, 2013

Kanesville Tabernacle


A wonderful new policy change has brought the sister missionaries to the Kanesville Tabernacle. Today is a freezing cold day, but we stay warm inside. Sister Harris and Sister Watson have been a joy to serve with us today. It may be the "slow" season for visitor centers, but it is not a slow down in testimony growth or enthusiasm and desire to share the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
  (Picture and above Copy both courtesy of Sister Bielefeldt's Blog  :)

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Hello Everyone!

This was our first week at The Kanesville Tabernacle, where Brigham Young was sustained president of the church. Kanesville was awesome! It was so fun, even though it wasn't very busy! I love getting to learn more about the pioneers. Elder and Sister B gave us a ride there and back, which was so nice of them!
A lot of the site is about the Mormon Battalion because the Battalion left from Kanesville, Iowa. (Which is now called Council Bluffs) So there's a small visitors center there and a life sized replica of the tabernacle.  The real Tabernacle was built in about three weeks because Brigham Young wanted there to be a building where he could be sustained. But the original fell apart pretty fast. 


I heard Denver got lots of snow this week.  Are Rexburg and New Hampshire getting snow too? We had a snow day here! It was from Thursday afternoon to Friday afternoon. We actually had a bunch of Sisters stay at our house! It was like a huge sleepover, so that was good. I love all the Sisters! They are all like my second family. And all of the senior couples too!

I remember when I got set apart to be a missionary, President Jones said that President Weston and Sister Weston would become my mission Mom and Dad. Its so true! If I ever have a problem, I know that I can talk to them. Or any of the sisters or any of the senior couples that serve here. Its awesome! 

 Zone conference was so great!




 We talked a lot about working with members at zone conference. Members are SO important to missionary work! I never even knew how much of a difference I could make. We also talked about the sacrament and how important it is. We can be clean every week! How awesome is that?

Sister Weston told the sweetest story. She said that she, President, and their kids were going to a football game when their kids were little. There was this huge crowd, and Sister Weston somehow got separated from her family. She had no idea how she was going to find them or where they were sitting. She was about to just go and sit down somewhere, when her little son came up behind her and said, "Come on Mom! We're over here!" She asked, "How did you know where I was?" And he replied, "Well, Dad knew where you were". She likened it to us and our Heavenly Father. He ALWAYS knows where we are and He is ALWAYS taking care of us!



I have to get going!! I love you so much! Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Great letter, Lucy!! I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well and loving the experience. And I'm so glad that you are feeling comfortable and like you have the support and help that you need. We love you so much! -Aunt Becky

    ReplyDelete

I DO get to read my blog comments during my once-a-week computer time! Even if it's just something short-- It means a lot to me to hear from you!!
- Lucy