Monday, December 10, 2012

WEEK ONE!

First day -- SO excited!
 Hey everyone! I'm totally loving the MTC!  It feels like I've been here for forever, even though it's only been a few days. I feel like I'm learning so much already!

 My companions names are Sister Walsh (who is from England) and Sister Tulley (who is from Arizona). Sister Walsh is going to Temple Square and Sister Tulley is going to Nebraska with me! They are both so nice! There are four Elders in my district, and we have already become really close. We're basically together all of the time. They always open doors for us and they take our trays at meals. So they're pretty awesome.

My biggest surprise was how hard this really is. I wasn't ready for how difficult being a missionary would be! But it's so worth it. It's just emotionally hard. The MTC is a roller coaster. Sometimes I'm on top of the world, and sometimes I'm thinking, "Why am I here? Why am I doing this? Can I even do this? What was I thinking?!" But overall, it's worth it. I know that I'm supposed to be here right now! And I know that there are people in Nebraska waiting for me specifically to teach them about our Savior Jesus Christ.

I think the biggest thing that I have learned is that this mission isn't about me at all. It's all about the people in Nebraska who I will be teaching.

I don't have much time to write right now! Sorry! Next week I'll upload some pictures and try to write a better email with how I'm doing! Love you all!

Sister Harris





3 comments:

  1. yay! so glad to hear that Lucy is doing well! And having a good, and growing experience! We love Lucy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I'm so glad to hear from her! I love that girl so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is going to get all settled in this week, figure out a schedule and have a great experience. She gets to have two companions! Wow!

    Great that the Elders are so helpful and kind to the sisters. I didn't even think about how that might be.

    It is wonderful to hear from her. We love this girl too!

    ReplyDelete

I DO get to read my blog comments during my once-a-week computer time! Even if it's just something short-- It means a lot to me to hear from you!!
- Lucy