Sunday, June 9, 2013

Highlights From This Week!

Hello! Some highlights from this past week:
 
-Having a lesson in someone's basement while a tornado siren went off. The lesson we were teaching? The Plan of Salvation

-Talking to a guy with a million conspiracy theories...

-Our investigator Jenny and her son Wyatt came to church! Wyatt is the most talkative kid that I've ever seen. But he looked totally stunned when he came out of primary...I think the class of crazy 7 year olds might have thrown him a little bit

-Helping a member plant her garden

-A tour of 30 young men (ages 12-18) at the TC who biked all the way across Iowa. It was kind of funny to watch them all hobble around during the tour
 
-Hearing someoner refer to Facebook as "The Facebook" (As in "I checked on The Facebook the other day")

and
 
-There is no good way to abbreviate "Plattsmouth". Try it and say it out loud...yeah, won't make that mistake again...
 
All in all it's been a great week! It has had a lot of ups and downs, but it's been a good experience!
 
A chapter in the Bible that I have really grown to love while on my mission is Romans 8. Whenever I feel down or discouraged I read Romans 8 and that helps me to feel better! I know that reading the scriptures gives us spiritual strength and hope. I'm so thankful for the scriptures in my life and for the peace that I find from reading them!
 
I hope that everyone has a great week!
Love,
Sister Harris
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing the highlights! So fun to hear about little things you are experiencing and the people you are teaching. Sent you a letter today! Love you!
    Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete

I DO get to read my blog comments during my once-a-week computer time! Even if it's just something short-- It means a lot to me to hear from you!!
- Lucy