Monday, November 18, 2013

Almost time for Gingerbread!

Hey everyone!

This has been a crazy and awesome week!! Some awesome things that happened this week:



It’s time for gingerbread!! Basically everyone in surrounding areas submits gingerbread houses to be displayed in the basement of the Trail Center. It gets pretty intense…. But I guess it’s a GREAT missionary opportunity. Last year 25,000 people came to the TC to see the gingerbread! I’m so excited! We’re decorating today and we’ve already gotten some gingerbread houses. 


We got in contact this week with this less active who is awesome! After we met with him, he sent us a text that thanked us for reaching out and he promised that he would come to church. He came! It was so good and I think that he really liked being there. There are so many people that just need someone to reach out to them and to love them. It was cool to see that first hand!
Another awesome part was our investigator making us pinky promise that we would be friends forever! Love that kid so much!

We also met someone named Shamar. Sweet! He's super funny and had lots of questions about Joseph Smith, so we're meeting later this week.


Another super funny thing, the other day, there was this cute sister just walking around and innocently singing a song under her breath. It was definitely not a church song, so we pointed it out to her and she was like, "Nu uh! That's a church song!" Sister Farnsworth said, "No. That's Usher." We died laughing! It's so funny how things kind of blend together like that. (It was Confessions, for those of you who were wondering)


Oh! And thank you so much for your testimonies! I loved getting to read all of them and getting to feel the strength that comes from bearing testimony. Because you were all so nice and sent me your testimony, I wanted to share mine with you!

I kind of don’t even know where to start with it... There is so much to say! 

The decision that I made to go on a mission has been the best decision of my life. I have truly been changed and I will never be the same person again. I have had the opportunity to watch people change through of the atonement of Jesus Christ. That’s the only way that true change is possible! Our Savior’s sacrifice for us makes us possible to overcome all. We can overcome sin, death, and every hard thing that confronts us. I know that He knows each of us personally and loves us more than we could ever know. I am so thankful for the chance that I have to share this with everyone!

Love you all!
Sister Harris

PS I'm still in the process of replying to all of my birthday letters! Sorry if it's taking a while. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you!




Lots and lots of service opportunities!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I DO get to read my blog comments during my once-a-week computer time! Even if it's just something short-- It means a lot to me to hear from you!!
- Lucy