Saturday, March 1, 2014

Hello New Adventures!

Hey!
So as you may have heard, I got transferred!
I'm SO sad to leave Loess Hills! I really love it there and I just love those people so much. I grew a ton while I was serving there and I am so thankful for that time! Sister Jensen is training a new sister there, and I know that they will both be great!


I'm now serving in the Tranquility Park Ward! It's kind of weird, because I have been in the Council Bluffs Zone for my whole mission, and now I am in the Omaha West Zone! So it's definitely a change, but I am excited that I get to serve in Omaha!

My companion is Sister Samuels and I LOVE her! We are white washing, which means that we are both new to the area and therefore have absolutely no idea what's going on...but it's been so much fun so far! We had a ward party on Friday night, so that was a great way to meet a lot of people. And we've mostly just been going down the ward list trying to meet everyone on it...so far so good!

We are teaching active members as if they are investigators, if that makes sense. Like we are picking focus families to teach every week and just going through the discussions with them.

Yesterday, we were trying to meet a less active member, and we pulled up to the house at the same time that the delivery guy got there...awkwardness! But we decided that following the delivery guy around would be a good finding tool/good way to meet people, because who doesn't want to see the delivery guy? Haha. Anyway, I don't know if I can fully capture the awkwardness of the exchange over email.


Sister Samuels is hilarious!! She's just a super funny person, which makes everything fun. She really likes adventures and trying new things, especially if it's food related! I'm sure that we're going to find some hole in the wall food places and try them this transfer.



I love you all so much! Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sister Harris! I just posted a comment but I'm not sure if it went through, so I'll post it again real quick! Have you never taught member before? We did that all the time, but we had a lot of free time to fill.

    Also, I would recommend following around the pizza boy instead of like the Fed Ex truck - that way, you KNOW people will be home!! =D

    Love you,
    Brandon

    ReplyDelete

I DO get to read my blog comments during my once-a-week computer time! Even if it's just something short-- It means a lot to me to hear from you!!
- Lucy