Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Time

Merry Christmas!  First I want to tell everyone who sent testimony stories thank you!  I LOVE them!! They are so fun to read! I love reading stories of how others have gained their testimonies. I bet that it was really fun to put together! 
 
I'm not totally sure about Christmas plans...we got invited somewhere for Christmas eve, so that'll be good!! And then after dinner we are having a party at the TC. And we are sleeping over at the TC that night, too!! (Which has basically been the dream of my mission, so that's awesome!) Then we're all opening presents together and having a big breakfast with everyone... And they have assigned times going all day so that everyone can be able to skype with their families. Some people are doing it at members houses I think.
 
I'm glad that you saw the zone conference picture! It was a fun day!
 
 
 
I'm good! I LOVE Sister Jensen. I was excited when I found out that we were going to be companions! But the first day that we were together it became obvious how different we were. We are SOO opposite in pretty much everything. I prayed that night and told Heavenly Father that I knew that He had a plan for me and for her, but I just wasn't sure what He was thinking putting us together! haha But we really have become so unified over these past few weeks!  Sister Jensen is helping me to become the missionary that Heavenly Father needs me to be, and I hope that I am doing the same for her! I just love her so much. She is becoming one of my best friends! I have learned so much about loving people and learning to work with people that are super different from me. 
 
Our area is good too. It's been a pretty tough week, though. Mostly because our whole ward is out of town for the break! We haven't been able to see the girl I told you about last week.  :( I have really learned on my mission that faith produces miracles and that miracles don't produce faith. Experiences like that are SO cool to have! But so much of the time they are only testimony building experiences for me and my companion, and not for the person that we see. Strong testimonies are built on the little things that we do daily (which is probably why they are the hardest things to do!)
 
So we are having a hard time figuring out what to do with ourselves, but it's been good for us. We have really been able to help each other. I have realized that having hard times help us to fulfill our covenants. I have been able to both comfort others when they are having a tough time and to be comforted when I am having a tough time. It's been a time of learning and growing for sure!
 
Love to everybody, and Merry Christmas!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I DO get to read my blog comments during my once-a-week computer time! Even if it's just something short-- It means a lot to me to hear from you!!
- Lucy