Monday, December 30, 2013

Book of Mormon Challenge!


I honestly don't even know how to start this. I kind of stole this idea from another Sister who is serving here. I thought that it was brilliant, so I'm extending the challenge to all of you!
Ok. Here it is, plain and simple: The Book of Mormon has changed my life. I can't even tell you how much I have grown to love it over the course of my mission. I wanted to invite everyone who reads this to read the whole Book of Mormon by May. If you start in January it averages to about 3-4 pages a day. I know that it can change your life too!
I wanted to echo a promise made by President Ezra Taft Benson about reading the Book of Mormon:
"The moment you begin a serious study of [the Book of Mormon, you] will find greater power to resist temptation. You will find the power to avoid deception. You will find the power to stay on the strait and narrow path. … When you begin to hunger and thirst after those words, you will find life in greater and greater abundance”
I know that this is all true! The reason? The Book of Mormon will help everyone to come closer to the Savior. It will help us all to more fully access the Atonement, which allows each of us to do the hard things that we are called to do!
I know that anyone who takes this challenge will come closer to the Savior and have the increased ability to do hard things!

Oh! And will you all tell me what you are learning from your studies? I would love to hear each of your insights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I DO get to read my blog comments during my once-a-week computer time! Even if it's just something short-- It means a lot to me to hear from you!!
- Lucy